Have you ever dreamed of a secret formula to keep your teeth clean?
You won’t believe it!…
IT IS A TYPE OF SUGAR
Cha cha cha chaaaan……..
their name are: Sorbitol and Xylitol ! 😀
What is Sorbitol?
Sorbitol is a water-soluble sweetener that occurs naturally in many fruits. Sorbitol can be extracted from peaches, figs, berries, apricots, dates, and apples. Even though it occurs naturally, manufacturers don’t want to destroy edible fruit to produce it. Instead, they often produce it from corn syrup to keep manufacturing costs down.
What is Xylitol?
Xylitol is a sugar alcohol derived from plants. Its name makes it sound like a chemical concoction, but don’t be alarmed. “Xylo” is a prefix meaning “wood” in Greek, and xylitol was originally derived exclusively from birch wood trees.
Sorbitol and Xylitol are sweeteners approved for use in the UK including others like: acesulfame, aspartame, saccharin, stevia, and sucralose. Why I don’t recommend those ones? they all have different toxic effects on our health. Sucralose, for example, raises blood sugar and insulin levels.
How do Sorbitol and Xylitol work ?
Sorbitol and Xylitol taste sweet, however, unlike sugar, they are not converted in the mouth to acids that cause tooth decay. They reduce levels of decay-causing bacteria in saliva.
Benefits of Sorbitol and Xylitol:
- Prevent cavities: bacteria cannot break down them into the acids that cause tooth decay.
- Efficiently stimulates the immune system, digestion, lipid, and bone metabolism.
- Helps in glycemic and obesity control; reduces ear and respiratory infections
- Treats diseases that cannot be cured through antibiotics or by surgery.
- Xylitol can be successful in preventing ear infections in small children
- Sorbitol is also a remedy for contipation.
Before bringing the curtain down….
- If you still have mercury fillings you should use pastilles rather than chewing gum. Chewing gum will release even more mercury from your silver fillings.
- Xylitol can be toxic to dogs, even when the relatively small amounts from candies are eaten. If your dog eats a product that contains xylitol, it is important to take the dog to a veterinarian immediately.