“I feel so self-conscious about my crooked teeth, I’m considering getting Invisalign to fix them”. There are several treatment options to fix crowded/gap teeth, however, I would say 4 out of 10 patients coming for a first check-up have mentioned Invisalign, without me saying a word. Therefore, I think it is paramount to devote a post to Mr Invisible! and the countless reasons why, in many cases it overtakes the traditional way to straighten your teeth.
Invisalign is the new way to achieve your goal of showing off straight teeth. However, how do you know if Invisalign is the right option for you over traditional metal, ceramic, or lingual braces?
Wait a moment. What exactly is Invisalign?
In few words, Invisalign is a leading brand of clear orthodontic teeth alignment devices, without the use of metal braces. A series of custom-made clear braces, that cover your teeth and gently pull them into the proper position over time. Because they are clear and can be taken on and off, they are less noticeable than traditional metal braces.
And how does it work?
You’ll wear your teeth aligners for up to 22 hours daily and visit your dentist every few weeks to change aligners. Why? – because you will need fresh aligners to continue correction as your teeth begin to shift into the desired position.
Is important to remark that many cases can be treated with Invisalign, however there are some cases that needs to be treated by an Orthodontist (specialist in braces).
Benefits of Invisalign over Braces
- Invisible Appearance: simple as this, Invisalign trays are nearly invisible! They are completely clear, so you’ll have the benefit of smiling and talking without worrying about people seeing brackets or wires in your mouth.
- Comfort. Invisalign trays are made of smooth plastic making Invisalign much more comfortable than traditional metal braces.
- Easier hygiene and maintenance. You’re able to take Invisalign clear trays in and out when you eat and brush, which means there’s less of a chance for white spots on your teeth, and cavities during the treatment.
- Saves time in the dental chair. We only need to see you every 4 weeks on average. Other teeth straightening options can take much more time and many more appointments.
- Work fast. You could see the results in as little as 3 months, depending on the complexity of your case.
- Eat the food you love. Even healthy snacks like pears or apples are difficult to bite into with metal braces. Wouldn’t it be nice to eat the same foods you always have? With Invisalign, you can.
- Invisalign fits well with most patients’ lifestyles. Those who are avid sports players often avoid metal braces, as you can remove your aligners for practice or game time. Also, if you travel a lot for work or are away at university and are unable to come back for an appointment when recommended, you can keep multiple sets of trays at home.
Reminder🦷 Straightening your teeth is a medical procedure, and as with any health care decision, you want a licensed dentist overseeing your treatment the entire time, and performing regular check-ins to ensure most efficient and effective treatment.
Invisalign is a great way to discreetly and comfortably straighten your smile! As with any dental treatment, we will discuss your options together at your initial consultation, to learn your individual wants and needs. Request a free consultation with me below.